Saturday, April 6, 2013

New York Botanical Garden Orchid Show

Over the next couple of days I will show you some varieties of orchids that were featured at the annual Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx, New York.  A little side trip from Orange.  Hope you enjoy them!
The Enid Haupt Conservatory where the annual show is on display.


 Jade Vine, which I've painted once.
It's a haven for photographers with fancy-schmancy equipment.  What I can't have you experience is the fragrance.  Lovely!  In one room they have two very large Gardenia trees that will make you think you have travelled to heaven.  More photos in the next two days.

2 comments:

  1. If I dare say so, I'm not into orchids. But the Conservatory you show is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure to come back to see more of the show as I love orchids and just finished my indoor gardening for the weekend by watering my 20 orchids, 5 of which are in full bloom. Don't tempt me to buy more.

    ReplyDelete