Friday, February 20, 2015

The making of a hummingbird 6 AKA Friday at the Feeder

Copyright Suzanne Wagner
Finished and signed Green Crowned Brilliant Female Hummingbird
Here's a close up of her head before she was finished.  You can see the interference paints on top of the washes.

Usually the burning question on everyone's mind is how long did this take you.  I have found that there is no satisfactory or right answer to that and I'm not even sure why that is important for folks to know that or that it matters.  If I said 150 hours would it make it a better painting then if I said 15 hours or 2.5 hours?  So I ask you, why is it important to know how long it takes to make a painting? Is the value of the painting dependent upon the time spent painting it?

1 comment:

  1. It came out beautiful. Who knew that this process was so complicated.
    God bless your patience and skill.

    ReplyDelete