Monday, October 13, 2014

Archimedes!

In late August I took a trip in NYC to go to Roosevelt Island.  I posted photos but then got sidetracked with other happenings.  So, now back to a few more from RI.  This is the yacht Archimedes.  My friends and I were sitting down, taking a rest when this super huge yacht zoomed by us.  OMG, biggest doggone yacht I've ever seen.  A quick Google search by my friend said this about Archimedes.

Archimedes, a super yacht, was built in 2008 by Feadship in Kaag, the Netherlands.  It is 67.7 meters or 222'3" feet.  (that's big)  It is owned by James Simons who is the founder of a hedge fund management company named Renaissance Technologies in 1982 (what else?)  with over 20 Billion USD of assets under management.  Apparently he is quite the philanthropist founding a couple of foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment